In today’s digital age, being generous doesn’t have to be limited to giving large sums of money or extensive volunteering. There are plenty of digital ways to be generous that won’t break the bank and that you can do in your own home. Here are our favorite ways to grow in generosity:
- VolunteerMatch: Plenty of remote volunteering opportunities can be done from your computer, like helping to create social media posts or assisting with donor communications. Check out VolunteerMatch to find digital volunteering opportunities.
- Join the Giver Army: Join the Giver Army at GiveSendGo.org and become part of a community of givers who support each other’s charitable causes. You can set up a 12-month recurring donation of any amount that gets pooled into the cause of your choice and then granted to people in need.
- GiveSendGo.com: Set up a campaign on GiveSendGo.com and then share your campaign with friends and family. This is a great way to raise awareness and funds for a cause you care about.
- Share the Meal app: The Share the Meal app allows you to make a small donation that can help feed a child in need for an entire day. With just a few taps on your phone, you can make a difference in the life of a child facing hunger.
- Charity Miles app: The Charity Miles app allows you to earn money for charity simply by walking, running, or biking. You choose the charity you want to support, and for every mile you move, money is donated to that charity.
- Be My Eyes app: The Be My Eyes app connects blind and low-vision people with sighted volunteers who can help them with everyday tasks. By downloading the app and lending your sight to someone in need, you can make a real difference in someone’s life.
- Boxtop scanner app: It makes it easy to earn money for your child’s school or a charity of your choice. Scan your grocery receipts, and the app will automatically credit your chosen organization.
- Coin Up: Coin Up is an app that rounds up your purchases to the nearest dollar and donates the spare change to a charitable cause of your choice.
As you can see, there are plenty of ways to be generous using the digital world that doesn’t require a lot of money or resources. By trying out some of these ideas, including digital volunteering, joining the Giver Army at GiveSendGo.org, and using apps like Share the Meal and Charity Miles, you can make a real difference in the lives of those around you and contribute to a more compassionate and generous world.